Kosovo

Kosovo

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Season of Change

Change. So many feelings come attached to this word. And as we actually experience it - these feelings ebb and flow. Change. I think of a roller coaster when I think of that word. Because excitement comes with it. Fear of the drops or "valleys" shall I say definitely come with it. Taking a breath as the ride plateaus for a break also comes with it. Grief when the ride is ended and the desire for more can also come with it. Or sheer terror at possibly going through it again can also accompany this word. So many feelings. And yet when I look back at these last few years, change has been one of my most constant companions. Our newest change has been arriving here in Kosovo. I can say that one of the most constant emotions on this chapter in our life as a family has been God's tender love for us. We are constantly being encouraged and provided for and loved on. There is hard but there is also good. There is bitter but there is also a lot of sweet. I thought I'd share some pictures on this journey to give you a glimpse of this new change that is happening around us.


A view from our balcony
Ok one more view from our balcony
Hugh helping mama vacuum our blue kitchen carpet 

Our first team dinner  and meeting - which included my grandma Mary's picadillo recipe. Yum!


Walking to my friend's house. Can you tell on my face I'm hoping I remember which street to turn onto. This was right before my head almost collided with a flying soccer ball.
As you can see I didn't get lost and was able to go to my friend's plays script reading. Such a fun evening and met more wonderful people
Huge answer to prayer! Our local friend's dad went with Gino and our team to a car sale area that our city has on Sundays. What a blessing and answer to pray. We have a van that we can use and that our team can use. So when you want to visit - here's what you will ride in.
I end with another answered prayer. With no netflix and hardly any TV our kids are growing a lot closer as well. Learning to get along in closer spaces and leaning on one another. Kayleigh especially loves her big brother. Whoever marries her one day has big shoes to fill as far as she's concerned.

While change is hard and there are times when we miss friends, miss family, miss what's comfortable, I hope we all can be encouraged and recognize the good and the sweet and celebrate each victory no matter how small....like getting a van, during these seasons of change in each of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment